I've started a prog rock band by the name of....
I'm lacking a bit of imagination today but I couldn't bear another 'WIP' title!
I'm presently working on 3 different bases of figures which may take a while to do so I thought I'd share my progress by way of an interim update.
The way in which I will use the new plastics will be to have armoured men at arms wearing sculpted knee / thigh length boots and with lighter / poorer helmets or 'tudor' heads. Among these will be a scattering of better armed riders in more contemporary maximilian armour and light horse barding to which will represent those who were a bit better off and which will no doubt to be used as commanders.
I will use the early Wargames Foundry gendarmes (those the Perry's sculpted) for these better armed individuals which I have found will require the saddles of the plastic horses to be filed down and shaped a bit along with pinning the rider to the horse.
Furthermore, the horse caparison armour that comes with the boxed set is just that bit too early for 1513, so, looking at a few sources but using this image from the Pavia tapestry as an illustrative guide I have filed, cut and sculpted the Italian horse armour from the set to something a bit more contemporary looking. The horse below is a bit of a hybrid of the two main riders shown in the tapestry;
Proof will be in the painting I guess but I think I've done OK so far; once I got into it I found it quite easy but I had to think about the processes involved and the order I'd need to do them, for the sculpting especially; one side had to dry overnight before I could start on the next for example.
On to the other, hairier project.
Spurred on by some beardy experiments in my previous post I gave a few more figures the facial hair treatment using milliput;
I'm not sure which of these units I'll finish first but that's a measure of it so far.